Monday 6 June 2011

Begining a new life

For 8 years I have been running on the treadmill of corporate life. Being a medical rep means long hours, both on the road, waiting in doctors surgeries and next to consultants' offices and in front of the laptop. Last year I became pregnant with my first child and stoped working in September.
January saw the arrival of my son Charlie, both an angel and devil in equal amounts. Since then I have been evaluating my life and along with my husband have decided to take the plunge and try my hand at starting a food business.  I'll be hopefully baking artisan breads; think foccacia, sourdough, spelt etc as well as attempting charcuterie. I've already signed up for the smoking and preserving course at River Cottage HQ in June and the deep cleaning of the home kitchen is underway in preparation for the first Environmental Health inspection. We aim to start small at our local farmer's market and build up to eventually opening our own premesis in the future.
So, hopefully over the coming weeks and months I can keep a journal here which will chart our progress. I don't expect it all to be plain sailing and I know there'll be tears along the way. But, with time and effort I hope to leave the suits in the spare wardrobe and retire the breifcase. I hope I can inspire others to make the same leap of faith, or at least avoid my mistakes xx

No comments:

Post a Comment